St Anthony’s church started life as a bungalow called Roughlands.Owned by
Mr Brown who lived there from 1950 to 1961. On his death it was bequeathed
his bungalow to the Servite Friars to be used as a church.
On the 6th may 1963 the Right Reverend Cyril Cowderoy, Bishop of Southwark
dedicated and openthe new church. The name St Anthony of Viareggio was
chosen because he was a Servite Friar, the Parish was served by the Servite